Hand-Dyed Japanese Orihon Notebook (Small)
You Save 14% ($2.00)
- Japanese accordion book by Awagami papermakers of Tokushima, Japan. The Fujimori family has been making washi paper for 8 generations since 1825.
- Read our article about the process of making indigo dyed washi paper at Awagami Factory.
- This traditional Japanese orihon accordion book has a hard cover. The book can be used for writing, sketching, as a photo album, or a scrapbook.
Danzome, or ombre, is the name of the gradient pattern on the cover of the book. This technique is achieved by dipping the paper into the indigo vat multiple times.
- The cover is momigami crinkle paper, and the pages inside the notebook are smooth heavy-weight ecru washi paper. There are 20 accordion pages.
- Hand-dyed with 100% natural aizome indigo by master dyer Mieko Fujimori at Awagami in Tokushima.
- Size: 3.75" x 4.75" (9.2 x 12.2 cm)
- Buy this orihon book individually or as a set.
- Ships from the U.S.A. — Special Low Rate