Hand-dyed Japanese Washi Paper Notebooks (Set Of 2)
You Save 8% ($3.00)
- Japanese notebook set by Awagami papermakers of Tokushima, Japan. The Fujimori family has been making washi paper for 8 generations since 1825.
- Read our article about the process of making indigo dyed washi paper at Awagami Factory.
- This set of 2 includes the Shibori Notebook wacho soft notebook with stab binding and the Small Orihon Book with a hard cover and accordion pages.
Shiboriis an ancient Japanese resist-dying technique. There are many ways to fold, tie, stitch, or twist cloth or paper to resist dye when it enters the indigo vat.
- The covers of the books are made of momigami crinkle paper, and the pages inside are smooth ecru paper.
- Hand-dyed with 100% natural aizome indigo by master dyer Mieko Fujimori at Awagami in Tokushima.
- Size of the Shibori Notebook: 7.25"x 9.5" (18 x 24 cm)
- Size of the Small Orihon Book: 3.75" x 4.75" (9.2 x 12.2 cm)
- These notebooks can also be purchased separately.
- Ships from the U.S.A. — Special Low Rate