- Japanese notebook by Awagami papermakers of Tokushima, Japan. The Fujimori family has been making washi paper for 8 generations since 1825.
Read our article about the processes of making washi paper and indigo-dyeing at Awagami on The Kindcraft!
- This is a traditional Japanese wacho soft notebook with stab binding.
Shibori is an ancient Japanese resist-dying technique. There are many ways to fold, tie, stitch, or twist cloth or paper to resist dye when it enters the indigo vat.
- The shibori-dyed cover of this notebook is momigami crinkle paper, and the pages inside are smooth ecru paper. The 25 pages are double-sided folded sheets that you can slip the line guide into.
- Hand-dyed with 100% natural aizome indigo by master dyer Mieko Fujimori at Awagami in Tokushima.
- 100% kozo mulberry paper.
- Size: 7.25"x 9.5" (18 x 24 cm)
- Buy this notebook individually or as a set.
Limited stock. Ships from the U.S.A.