LARGE ORIHON BOOK
- Japanese accordion book by Awagami papermakers of Tokushima, Japan. The Fujimori family has been making washi paper for 8 generations since 1825.
Read our article about the processes of making washi paper and indigo-dyeing at Awagami on The Kindcraft!
- This traditional Japanese orihon accordion book has a hard cover. The book can be used for writing, sketching, as a photo album, or a scrapbook.
Bokashi, or ombre, is the name of the gradient pattern on the cover of the book. This technique is achieved by dipping the paper into the indigo vat multiple times.
- The cover is momigami crinkle paper, and the pages inside the notebook are smooth heavy-weight ecru paper. There are 20 accordion pages.
- Hand-dyed with 100% natural aizome indigo by master dyer Mieko Fujimori at Awagami in Tokushima.
- 100% kozo mulberry paper.
- Size: 4.75" x 7.25" (12.2 x 18.3 cm)
- Buy this orihon book individually or as a set.
Limited stock. Ships from the U.S.A.