JAPANESE NOTEBOOKS (SET OF 4)
- Japanese notebook set by Awagami papermakers of Tokushima, Japan. The Fujimori family has been making washi paper for 8 generations since 1825.
Read our article about the processes of making washi paper and indigo-dyeing at Awagami on The Kindcraft!
- This set of 4 includes the Bokashi and the Shibori wacho soft notebooks with stab binding, and the Large and Small Orihon Books with a hard cover and accordion pages.
Bokashi, or ombre, refers to the gradient pattern on the cover of the notebook. This technique is achieved by dipping the paper into the indigo vat multiple times.
Shibori is an ancient Japanese resist-dying technique. There are many ways to fold, tie, stitch, or twist cloth or paper to resist dye when it enters the indigo vat.
- The covers of the books are made of momigami crinkle paper, and the pages inside are smooth ecru paper.
- Hand-dyed with 100% natural aizome indigo by master dyer Mieko Fujimori at Awagami in Tokushima.
- 100% kozo mulberry paper.
- Size of the Bokashi and Shibori Notebooks: 7.25"x 9.5" (18 x 24 cm)
- Size of the Large Orihon Book: 4.75" x 7.25" (12.2 x 18.3 cm)
- Size of the Small Orihon Book: 3.75" x 4.75" (9.2 x 12.2 cm)
- These books can also be purchased separately.