JAPANESE NOTEBOOKS (SET OF 2)
- Japanese notebook set by Awagami papermakers of Tokushima, Japan. The Fujimori family has been making washi paper for 8 generations since 1825.
Read our article about the processes of making washi paper and indigo-dyeing at Awagami on The Kindcraft!
- This set of 2 includes the Shibori Notebook wacho soft notebook with stab binding and the Small Orihon Book with a hard cover and accordion pages.
Shibori is an ancient Japanese resist-dying technique. There are many ways to fold, tie, stitch, or twist cloth or paper to resist dye when it enters the indigo vat.
- The covers of the books are made of momigami crinkle paper, and the pages inside are smooth ecru paper.
- Hand-dyed with 100% natural aizome indigo by master dyer Mieko Fujimori at Awagami in Tokushima.
- 100% kozo mulberry paper.
- Size of the Shibori Notebook: 7.25"x 9.5" (18 x 24 cm)
- Size of the Small Orihon Book: 3.75" x 4.75" (9.2 x 12.2 cm)
- These books can also be purchased separately.